The following is a tag-team approach to writing this blog post.
Kassandra~We are sitting on the couch, side by side, writing this post after a discussion we had last night about "Romance." Well, it wasn't really a discussion, it was more like me saying "When was the last time you romanced me?" and him answering, "When was the last time you romanced me?" I laughingly replied, "Oh, it's on" and with the gauntlet thrown down, I laid in bed for an hour staring into the dark and scheming at how I was going to "romance" my man.
Nick~The Mrs. asked me last night when the last time I romanced her was. So, I turned around and asked her the same thing. Today, I got flowers at work....perhaps this is the problem? We romance each other the way we want to be romanced. Flowers are nice, so should I send her a t-bone at work?
Here is a list of idea's we came up with together to help you and your significant other maintain "romance" in your relationship while waiting:
- Send flowers~To Him OR Her~at work, they will be the talk of the water cooler!
- Make your loves favorite meal AND take care of the dishes!
- Leave your wife/husband a steamy message on the bathroom mirror
- Fill-Up your significant others gas tank as well as their LOVE tank
- 5 minute massages go a long way....
- Write each other a love letter
- Buy your sweet their favorite treat and share
- Dress up and go out for a night on the town
- Take a walk around the neighborhood-holding hands
- Bust out those furry handcuffs that you got from your pre-wedding party. You never know if you'll wind up in fits of laughter with your best friend or having your best friend try them on! Let's remember how much fun sex is!
- Lastly, pray together. First and foremost this has been the glue that has kept us together. We pray every night with each other and we always know the other is lifting us up throughout the day.