Monday, October 6, 2014

Another Chapter Begins!

An update on Nick and Kassie's Story~Part 1:

This morning, Nick had a testicular biopsy which is his portion of surgery in our IVF process. He is doing well and just needs to rest and take it easy for a couple of days. It was very hard for me (Kassie) to see my hubby, my man, my rock, in such pain, but I am so proud of the strength and courage he has had through all of this.

During his surgery, I had another ultrasound that showed that all 15 eggs are maturing-slowly. They decided to give me another 24 hours of meds before deciding whether or not I will have surgery this weekend. We'll make sure to give you an update tomorrow!

So, how are we doing? Jane Austen sums it up best, "I am half agony, half hope." It has been such an emotional and physical roller coaster and it's hard to not have hope while going through all this agony. The finances tend to be the half agony portion as each ultrasound and round of medications cost $2,000 out of pocket. With my surgery coming up, we do not know where we are going to get the funds, but have hope that the provisions will come. 

Follow our story on our Gofundme page: http://www.gofundme.com/7s7zms

No comments:

Post a Comment