Thursday, March 27, 2014

Waiting for Baby Mayo~Talking to GMa

There are people in this world who will not understand the struggle of infertility.  Plain and simple, they've never had to deal with it so they can only sympathize and give their opinions.  My GMa is one of those people.  Her and my Grandpa planned their babies-"two beautiful girls"-and had them with no hiccups.  If only it were that easy!  Talking with my GMa about our infertility struggles, the possibility of adopting, and the upcoming Invitro process, has been enlightening, confusing for her sometimes, and sometimes down right hysterical!
My GMa has turned out to be one of the bright spots in this crazy time of conceiving.  Always praying and "telling God" what to do for her grandkids, she has given us much to think about and convicted us in areas of our faith.  Just yesterday, we went to lunch together, talked about upcoming appointments, and the depressing price tag.  Her answer?  "Well, have you given it God?  That's what He's there for!"  I couldn't help but chuckle at her lovely wrinkled face with all sorts of serious etched upon it.  "Yes, GMa, we are praying."  A little while later when we were driving home, the conversation again once turned to little babes and looking forward to holding them.  I told her I get a little choked up to think of her holding my child and that we will be able to have a precious 4 generation photograph.  She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and said, "I don't mind being a Great-Grandma cause I'm already great!"  It took half a second before we were busting out laughing.  These are the moments through the pain that I never want to forget.  And I can't wait until our little one is here to meet this wonderful woman.

Who do you have in your life that is uplifting during your time of waiting?    

No comments:

Post a Comment